Monday 2 May 2016

Mila's Writing

Week 24  (Alcatraz Photo)
                        A New Prisoner

The sound of the cell doors opening and the screams told me everything I needed to know. A new prisoner had come.

That night as I lay on my rat-infested mattress I whispered to the cell next to me, “Why are you here?”
I waited for a reply, and then I heard, ‘I don’t know’.
“You want to escape, don’t you?”
‘If I could then I would have already!”
We were both silent for a moment. The rest of the night we made up a plan.
The next day we made our escape.
Well, one of us made it.

Week 22 - violin, yellow, eaten, swept, airplane


The Man In The Moon


I picked up the violin knowing the next hour would be the slowest hour of my life.


The floor was grey which was unusual because it’s usually  brown. I put my finger on the ground. Dust. That isn’t unusual because everywheres covered with dust. I grabbed the broom and swept the floor.


I sprinted out of the house into the yellow car, I couldn’t sit down because of the luggage that was next to me.


The airplane  took off into the sky with me onboard. The man next to me had a half eaten apple and a book called
The Man In The Moon. I said hi and he grunted back in reply;  too involved in his book to answer.

by Mila

Week 17…...Stairway to the sky


The mystery at the beach


The last thing I remember was crashing onto the ground of a cold stone floor.


My friend and I were playing in the water when all of a sudden the sun stopped shining for a second and then snapped back into action. When I could see again, my friend was not there. I felt around in the water but she had vanished. A soft voice was calling my name, and then all of a sudden, as if out of nowhere, a glistening gold staircase appeared in front of me. The voice was calling for me to climb up the staircase. I felt strange and I actually obeyed the voice and climbed up the staircase.
That’s when everything went black.


By Mila

1 comment:

  1. Mila what a mysterious and thrilling story that sounds like what a person drowning might experience. But with the ending as it is perhaps the person is being rescued. Nice work writing about the picture in a very creative way.

    ReplyDelete