Sunday 29 April 2018

Chloe's Writing

Week 33:

The Magical Durian
Millie ran out to the back garden and tugged at the beautiful durian.
It snapped immediately and fell to the ground
leaving only the slightest dent in the wet soil.
She ran to it and picked it up.
Millie was four but very mature and was always obedient.
She ran inside and sat at the table to eat it.
Suddenly she heard tiny voices and saw tiny people inside it.
“EEEEKKKK!” she screeched dropping it and running to her mother's office.   

Tiny, furious people started piling out and ran across the grey carpet
to get back to their broken home.   


Week 32: …but I didn’t understand the instructions…


The Big Bully
I had just turned the corner when I saw her, the worst thing of my life: Chelsea.
I turned to go the other way but it was too late.
She reached her bony hands out and shook me.
“Why didn’t you listen to me?” Chelsea growled.
“But I didn’t understand the instructions,” I mumbled gloomily.
She brushed back her swirly blonde hair to reveal a menacing scowl.

But to my greatest surprise my best friend Willow came and kicked Chelsea's leg.
We both cracked up and ran to get a cold lemonade.
I felt so relieved.
Willow is a hero!  


Week 31: Night ZooKeeper:
Can you invent a magical animal that could live in the pink lake or animal hospital
and tell us all about them?

The Water Mammal
There is a deadly animal called the Water Mammal, also known as the Marak.
It lives in the pink lake beneath a smelly ledge.
The Marak looks kind of like a puffer fish except it is a lot bigger and weighs more
and is a turquoise green.
It also has venom injecting spikes.
It swims very weirdly because when it swims it looks like
a walking animation.

It eats Coraler, a small type of fish that has flippers that look  like wings
and a head the size of a tennis ball.
The colour of it is orange.  

Week 30: …..”when did it arrive?” I said

The Package


“Please wait! I called desperately.
Dash kept on running.
“PLEASE!”
But still no. I must admit I was fussing far too much.
“It’s only the mail,” I thought glumly stopping and walking back to the house.
But then a startling voice stopped me, it was Dash.

“Hey, Ben! Here is something for you!"
I rushed to him and grabbed a thick brown parcel. I frantically opened it.
“Need scissors,” I exclaimed.
“Hey Dash, when did it arrive?” I said.
“I dunno stupid!”
Finally opened it. A batman mini-figure was in it. I whined dropping it on the floor.
But when it broke a smelly green gas filled the room.


Week 29: shouted, grave, crimson, frantically, misty


The Big Dare


“Come on!” my friend Elvis shouted frantically as we entered the cemetery.
“ I, I will stay back,” I called after him. I shuddered.  “Not again," I mumbled.
“Another stupid dare,” he groaned.
But then something gave him the fright of his life. As Elvis gave a shrill high scream, I couldn’t help it. I raced into the misty cemetery following the path he had taken but I was too late. A greasy, yucky zombie was holding Elvis by the neck. The zombies ripped crimson top dangled, showing his bare chest.
“Where did it come from?” I screeched.

“The, the GRAVE!”  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chloe
    Thank you for sharing your writing with us. I don't think I would have enjoyed going into this graveyard with these two. I was wondering who dared them to go in? Did they know that it wouldn't be a safe place? Did Elvis manage to escape?
    Keep up the great writing!
    Ms McKenzie (Team 100)
    Christchurch, New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chloe, "The Water Mammal" is a very descriptive. You have used lots of detail and the use of adjectives makes it easy for the reader to picture your imaginary creature. Well done.

    ReplyDelete