Saturday 11 February 2017

Adam's Writing

Week 33 ....and in the flash of lightning....

The Beast

It was a stormy night. Lightning filled the sky. I snuggled further under my thick covers. I stared out my window as the lightning flashed before my watery eyes. A drip of rain fell on my forehead. What? Did the roof have a leak in it? I looked up towards the ceiling. No leak, just plain old wood.
I tried to get back to sleep. No, I just couldn’t get back to sleep with that rain dripping down. How about I go for a walk? Yes, that would be a good idea.
5 minutes later I was dressed and ready to go. I walked out onto the cold road and took about five steps before lightning flashed. In that flash of lightning I saw a shape. It was the shape of a beast. More lightning flashed. The shape got closer and closer before some invisible force picked me up and smothered me in darkness.






Week 32: Picture Prompt.


The Cursed Burger

I sprinted through the forest as the burger monster chased me.
“You took the cursed burger!” it boomed. “Return it or face infinite torture!”
I kept running.
“Come here!” it screeched.
I swiftly turned a corner and came face-to-face with the burger monster. It grew bigger until it was twice its normal size.
“COME HERE NOW!!!” It shrieked. I quickly turned another corner and ran.
The giant burger monster screamed, “Cha bap dopa ip!” and at that moment a wall appeared in front of me.
When I ran into the wall it didn’t hurt, it felt like running into glue.
“It is glue,” I thought.
I was stuck.
“You chose torture,” the burger monster said as everything faded.


Week 30:...I couldn’t eat something so…


Stories
Gary, Cooper, Jonas and I were seated around a campfire. Cooper and Gary told me stories about a haunted house. I didn’t believe them. When they said go in tonight, I said nah. They laughed and called me a chicken.
At that moment, Jonas, just to shut them up, said. “Fine, Adam and I will go together.”
It shut them up.
Jonas and I walked to the house, I tried the door. It creaked open.
I stared into darkness. I called Jonas to come in. I turned, Jonas wasn’t there. Suddenly, a hand clamped my mouth shut and dragged me into darkness.
“Eat it” the man said.
I was in a room with nothing except a table and a chair that I was strapped to.
“No!” I shouted.
A plate of goo had been placed in front of me. I couldn’t eat something so disgusting.
“Do it or I’ll pulverize you” he said coldly.
“No!” I shouted.
“Ok, you asked for it”
Everything darkened, then disappeared completely.


Week 29: ..the slime dripped through..

Slimey Adventure

It was a cheerful, sunny day and I was taking a stroll down at the park when I heard a slight clunking sound coming from behind me. I turned around. The clunking stopped. I shrugged and kept walking, The clunking got louder. I ignored it, bad choice.
Seconds later the noise was unbearable, I covered my ears. It continued before the ground opened up and I fell into darkness….
My screaming voice was the only thing I could hear while I fell down that hole until I hit water. “Owww” I said rubbing my bruised legs. I looked behind me. I stared  in silence as the slime dripped through the rotting roof planks.
“Argghhhhhh!” I yelled as a clump of slime fell on me then took human form and dragged me into darkness… I woke up in a bright green transparent tube with testing subject written on it.
I kicked the glass as the slime covered me.


The Giant


It was a hot sunny day and my family and I were in the sahara desert. We were staying at this cheap-as hotel. So, we were walking in the sahara desert and came across a tree. Well it looked like one. It had branches sticking out in every direction, and it had a most unusual shape, sort of a square but sort of a triangle.
Ahhhhhh! Hang on. I turned back quickly, huh?
They weren’t there. So suddenly, that weird tree flew up. Something was carrying it; something big - a giant!!!
I ran for cover under a cliff and stayed there for the night. Strangely, I woke up in the hotel. Hmmm, I thought and went back to sleep.


By Adam




Week 23 Gingerly, yellow, remarkable, discovered, however.


The Temple


It was a warm summer day and I was walking in the yellow forest with only a tent, 3 litres of water, 5 ham and lettuce sandwiches and a pillow and blanket, I was going camping. I cut through some particularly hard leaves and branches and came face to face with a temple.
I gingerly walked up to it and peeked through a doorway, It looked decent. I decided to camp in it. I set up my gear. At 8:30 I went to sleep. I woke up. I had this stupid smile on my face; probably because of this remarkable temple that I discovered. However, I had to go back home, and with that smile...well, that was that.


By Adam


The Basement


It was Halloween and me and my bro Cooper went to the last house for the night.
“Hey Cooper” I called.
“Yeah” Cooper shouted back.
“Shall we go home after this?”
“Ok sure, let me finish this house first”
“You done yet?” I asked.
“Ya” he said.
We walked back to my house, bags full, smiles plastered on our faces.
“Hey!” he called.
He stared behind me I followed his stare until my eyes came to the abandoned house
It was a popular dare to go into the house and come out... alive!
We went up to the house. I heard laughter. I let out a groan - the ghosts of the owner of the house.
We sprinted back to my house, happy to be safe.

By Adam


Week 21 - ...suddenly the lights went out...


Night, Dark, silent.
That’s how you would set a spooky story, right?
But not me. I was watching the sunset on the warm beach at about 6:30 pm.
That’s not how you set a spooky story right? It was for me. I was staring at the beautiful sunset while sipping a coke when two guys came and sprinted into the water.
They immediately jumped back out. Must be cold, I thought. By then it was about 8:00 pm. Suddenly all the lights went out.
Must be the power I thought. It was already dark - time to go home.
I heard a groan.  There were no people. The beast arose it ate me, it was the end.

By Adam

1 comment:

  1. These are all great stories Adam. Scary and suspenseful. Well written!

    ReplyDelete