Saturday 11 February 2017

Isla's Writing

Week 33 ...in the flash of lightning i saw…

It was a stormy night and I lay in my bed awake listening to the thunder and watching the lightning through my window. In the flash of lightning I saw a shadow of a man looking at me. Wind rushed in and in a high pitched shout he said in a cunning voice
“I HAVE GOT MY EYE ON YOU.”
I promised not to tell anyone. who that man was and why he was after me. I remembered the necklace my mum had given me. It was magic and it would protect me. I never took it off again.






Week 32 - Newspaper ghost


It was another normal day in the weekend and dad had just come home from getting McDonalds for lunch. Dad read newspaper out loud to my mum. As he read out about the sighting of a ghost, the light suddenly turned off, the curtains closed and what floated out was a ghost. But it was no ordinary ghost; it was made out of newspaper.
The wind rushed through the room. He grabbed my burger and stuck his hands through the while eating it.
“RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.”
The ghost looked at me. Then the house started to shake and crumbled. All was lost.


Week 30 ...I just couldn’t eat something so…


A Horrible Feast

One normal day I was walking home from school when something invisible thing grabbed me. I felt a grave pain on my head and everything went black.
Next thing I knew I was bound tightly with ropes. What lay in front of me was a green and revolting feast. At the end of the table was a giant green blob with 6 eyes and big mouth. At the sight I screamed.
I looked around. I was in an underground palace. There were so many guards I could not escape. I was made to eat a lot of the green food. I just couldn’t eat something so disgusting.
I blinked and I was panting at the exact spot the invisible monster kidnaped me.
I was unsure if it was real or not but I could still taste the bad taste. REVOLTING!


Week 29 ...The slime slipped through…

Slime everywhere

It was the school holidays and I was at home. But I was thinking, what could I do? Then it came to me. I could make slime. I had all the right ingredients. My little brother would not be a problem -  he was on his computer looking at cars. So off I went upstairs to ask my dad.
“ Dad, dad!” I shouted on the way. “Can I make slime?!”
“Well, ok.” said dad, unsure. “But ask your brother.”
“He didn’t want to.”
Yes! I could do it all by myself. Now for the slime. I grabbed the biggest plastic bag and poured out all of the ingredients. I shook it ‘till my hand felt like it was going to fall off.
“SPLAT !” the walls were covered in green slime.
What had I done?





The hand


My name is Lucy and I live next to the biggest park in the world. My dad owns it. There is a fair near to one of the entrances. Today a new shop is coming and I want to see it. But dad said to me I have to put up signs on trees advertising it.
“Ugh,” I had said to him. “I DON’T WANT TO.”
I was putting the signs up and I came to a tree I have never seen before. I climbed it. I kicked a branch. Rubble !!!!!!. What was happening, the tree was shaking. A hand sprouted from the ground. I carefully touched it. It was stone. I ran to the fair. That was a big mystery.

By Isla



Week 23 - gingerly, yellow, remarkable, discovered, however


One day at home I was watching the tv, bored, and I heard a thump up stairs.
I slowly walked up the stairs into my room but the room was empty. I looked underneath my bed. I saw an open plank and gingerly crawled inside.I had discovered a secret tunnel. However it was pitch black. I reached the end and kicked something round.I looked down and could make out an egg-shaped thing. I picked it up and ran to the opening. Once I was on my bed panting I looked at it. It was a remarkable, beautiful yellow egg. I was shocked. It was really gold.


By Isla

No comments:

Post a Comment