Wednesday 16 March 2016

Grace's Writing

14 / 04 / 2016   Challenge 13  ...but the spot just grew and grew…

Exploding Spot

I was watching my favourite program when an ad came on. It was about Wonka’s new gobstopper, called the spot. It looked delicious. I had to have one!!

I grabbed some money and sprinted down the road. The line was already huge.
It took ages to get to the front. Eventually I got there. I bought my spot and popped it in my mouth. I sucked for a while and expected it to get smaller, but the spot just grew and grew. It was getting too big for my mouth. I felt like I was going to explode!! Suddenly…. POP!! My mouth was empty!! The spot had disappeared!!

24 / 03 / 2016
Challenge 12 Lie, row, sweet, chips, fly


Camp Yuck!


Today my group is doing rowing. The camp’s boats were not up to scratch. ‘I am not getting in.’ I thought. The instructor persuaded me with chips. “Sweet!” I agree.


We row slowly down the river. The wind howls and pushes against us. It is not easy. We eventually turn around. Unfortunately the wind decides to annoy us. It also turns around and blows harder.  


When we get back to camp I open my chips. I get ready for the burst of delicious flavour… but I get the most disgusting taste ever! I look at the chips and find that they are mouldy.
“Mmmm. Yum!” I lie.
‘I really wish that I could fly away!’ I think to myself.

by Grace

Challenge 11

"....when the connection broke..."

A Normal Night at Home

I was sitting at home doing my VIH (very important homework) on my laptop, when the connection broke. The wifi went down. The lights went out. I sat stone still on the couch. I heard my little sister scream. My parents went to find a torch. My little sister scuttled over and snuggled up beside me.


When my parents came back with a torch they said that it was bed time. It felt as if some dark, evil creature was creeping up behind you.

The thing is this power cut couldn’t just happen out of the blue...

by Grace

1 comment:

  1. You really left me wondering what happened Grace to make a power failure - Well written!

    ReplyDelete