Wednesday 16 March 2016

Olivia's Writing

Challenge 12 Lie, row, sweet, chips, fly


Rowing 🚣

I lie flat faced down on my silk duvet. Max jumps onto my bed sending his slobber all down my used-to-be clean face. I plop a couple of chips in my mouth, loving that sweet sensation of sour cream and chives. “Mmmmm!” I say to myself. Max knows where we have to go.
My legs pick me up and start pulling me towards my suitcase. I drag my rugged suitcase to the door, pulling Max by his torn leash. We take a plane and fly to Rio for the Olympics.
“Let’s get ready to row,I tell Max.


Challenge 11

"....when the connection broke..."

Power Poles

The night was dim. Beautiful and graceful, the orangey pink sunset fades to a calm and light sapphire blue shade. My droopy eyelids are sleepy and ready for a nap. But I can’t. My long legs stretch across the couch like a cat ready to sleep, I’m not ready. Cooper hops on the couch and cuddles beside me with his sticky, slobbery toy. All of a sudden my kitchen light starts flashing. I stumble over a chair leg as I get up to check it out. The power poles outside start shaking, sending electricity everywhere. I check my phone, the connection is not coming up. When the connection broke I instantly knew who it was...

by Olivia

1 comment:

  1. Power Poles is very descriptive and full of suspense! It left me wondering who it was.

    ReplyDelete