Wednesday 16 March 2016

Phoebe's Writing

Challenge 13: 14.04.2016 ( but the spot just grew and grew )

The Spot on the Wall        

I’ve always wanted to repaint my bedroom wall. There was a huge spot on one of the four walls. A big, black spot. I don’t even know how it got there, only that one day when I returned from school it was just there like it had always been there. I’ve tried to get rid of it, but the spot just grew and grew the more I tried to get rid of it. If I paint over it, mum would probably find out and then i’ll be in trouble. Oh well, it’ll be worth it. I planned to paint over it tomorrow, when mum was still at work.



24/03/2016  (lie, row, fly, chips, sweet)


Making Wings


I didn’t want to lie, but I had no choice.
I was in the front row of the cinemas with high-quality popcorn and my boss wanted me to invent the first pair of wings that could actually fly without fail. I knew I had to leave the cinemas so I took one last look at the screen and headed for the door. I returned to my secret underground laboratory and grabbed a packet of my favourite chips.
I started to draw a diagram of how the wings would work. I had the plan all ready. Sweet, I thought, when I finally finished and searched for the materials.

"...when the connection broke...."

The Broken Connection

I was walking along the pavement when the connection broke (I didn’t know that this had happened then). It was nearly midnight and it was pouring. The rain went splat on my raincoat. I stepped in the car and drove to my house as the car moaned. I parked the car in the garage and got outside. The wooden gate creaked as it revealed a stone path. I grabbed the key from my coat pocket and turned it to open the door. I took my shoes off and waited for my eyes to adjust before I stepped inside. My hand immediately reached for the light and waited for the brightness to flicker on. I waited… 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… it usually didn’t take this long for the light to come on so I knew something had gone wrong….

by Phoebe

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you used all 5 words Phoebe in Making Wings!

    ReplyDelete