Wednesday 16 March 2016

Zak's Writing

14/4/16 Challenge 13
Prompt: …but the spot just grew and grew…

Body Trouble

I’m having a nap. When I wake up, I have a spot on my body. Barely anything, just a tiny black spot, on the palm of my hand. It suddenly pulsed once, then grew! It was now as thick as a pencil. I looked quizzically at it. Then it pulsed twice, then grew to twice it’s size! I looked around, trying to find something that could get it off! Nothing. The spot started pulsing again!
“Stop!” I cry. “Please!”
The spot pauses for a second but that’s all it takes. It grows and keeps on growing.
“NO!”
But the spot grew and grew. And soon, I’m just a black body…




24/3/16 Challenge 12 lie, row, sweet, chips, fly


!!CAUTION!!
IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SWEETS AND CHOCOLATE AND FIZZY DRINK, STOP READING NOW!!!


“Candyland. Candyland.” Cried the gummy bears. CANDYLAND?! What is this joke?! This is not right. As I quickly ran away, I tripped over a giant packet of chips. As I watched them fly everywhere I sprawled onto the chocolate floor. My head splashed into a puddle of fizzy drink.
“Hey, mate! You alright?” A voice yelled. Then a strong arm grabbed me and pulled me up. Then I stared at a giant, very sweet looking, gingerbread man.
“Come on!” He shouted and dragged me towards a wafer row boat. As we pulled away from shore, the gingerbread man looked at me and asked: “So, what you doing here?”
I gulped. I was gonna have to lie...

"....when the connection broke....."

Connection

I worried. My dad was away for TWO WEEKS in probably the worst town ever. So I “FaceTimed” him. I took out my phone and opened FaceTime, then opened up Dad’s folder. And hit the call button.
“Connecting.” The phone said. Then Dad’s face appeared. It looked worried, too.
“Hey, Dad. You look worried.”
“Hi, Honey. I am. I’m worried about you.”
“I’m worried about you, too.”
“What’s going on?”
“The usual. You?”
“Not good. I’ve gotten in trouble already. I had to steal to get in, and I got caught.”
“Aren’t the police hunting you, then?”
“Yeah.”
BANG! There was a noise in the background. “Dad?”
“It’s okay, honey. It’s alright. I’m gonna be al-”

That was when he collapsed and when the connection broke… Was he dead???

by Zak

2 comments:

  1. You have used the words you had to really cleverly Zak! I liked the caution you gave but I just had to read your story despite it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have used the words you had to really cleverly Zak! I liked the caution you gave but I just had to read your story despite it.

    ReplyDelete