Thursday 17 March 2016

Hailey's Writing


Thursday 14 April 2016
Week 13#    “...but the spot just grew and grew…”
Tales of Suspense…

Dun. Dun. Dun...

The noise of cursed drums came rolling in the air. Screams and cries of people could be heard for miles. Blood-stained skies with smoke everywhere. This was it. The very thing Zezmena wanted. For her to smash all the planets together. But not on my watch.   Tonight she thinks her dreams will come true. But I’m not giving up hope. I’m going to fight back, whatever happens. I’ll get Spindale whom I’ve trusted for many years. Just as soon as I… Thump!

When I awoke, the nurses told me what had happened. Zezmena had casted the sleep spell over me. When I looked at my back in the mirror, I saw a tiny dot. Huh. Then it began to grow. “Stop!” I yelled at the dot, but the spot just grew and grew....

Thursday 24 March
Challenge 12

“Lie, Row, Fly, Chips, Sweet”.


Under a lot of tension, I worked my way down, nervous sweat rolling down my forehead. I didn’t want to lie, so I kept going. Suddenly, a creature which I’m sure had never been found before, came close, singing, “Row, row, row” and then it seemed to fly away!
Then chips started attacking me from all sides; I was out-numbered.
This would have been sweet, except for the fact that I had no idea where I was.
Thud, thud, thud… what was that???? Uh, oh… walls started to close around me.
I felt a tingly sensation as I felt around for sturdy ground, if there was any.
As soon as I reached out… I realised I couldn’t breathe… was this the end?

by Hailey

Challenge 11

"...when the connection broke..."

Doomed

The cage broke open, just suddenly, it happened. I was standing right there when the connection broke. Then the lights went out. I heard a high-pitched scream, then came a crash! Thunder rolled in through the door, and… well, I don’t know what happened next because it went silent. Too silent… that could only mean one thing… something bad just happened. I couldn’t tell what, but whatever it was, it was serious. Suddenly, I heard someone yell in rather a sluggish voice, “why???!!!”  I ran straight to the vague sound, and felt a cold, arm. I grabbed it, and heard a groan. Then the lights flickered on, and I realised that I was holding the arm of a…

by Hailey

3 comments:

  1. WOW Hailey!! I really want to read more. I like your ending!! It really left me hanging!!
    From Grace M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what it is! You created lots of suspense - Well written Hailey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hailey! I'm very proud of you!!! Keep up the fabulous, clever writing :)

    ReplyDelete