Wednesday 16 March 2016

Keren's Writing

14/4/16
Challenge #13...but the spot just grew and grew…

Dotacitis
It was a generally normal day in the city of Uri. My brother Stan was once again sleeping in. But this time it was different. Something was wrong. It was three in the afternoon. I gingerly turned the knob and entered my brother’s room.
I saw him lying in bed, groaning. I saw a small purple dot on my brother’s forehead. Oh no! I had read about this in a book. It was Dotacitis! The symptoms were: a fever, headache and a continuously growing spot on their body.
I bent down next to Stan. It was growing alright.

I went to get the medicine to treat Dotacitis. I poured it into his mouth. But the spot just grew and grew. Maybe it wasn’t Dotacitis. But what else could it be?

24/3/15
Challenge #12
Lie, Row, Fly, Chips, Sweet

Prison Escape

I was stuck in this horrible prison. For nothing. Well, it did cause a lot of trouble. Here’s the story:
I was sitting in a cricket stadium in the back row. But I could see everything. And I was watching my favourite team win. Sweet!
I watched the ball fly, almost out of the arena. And it hit me! Right in the stomach. My chips flew everywhere!
“What was that for!!!!!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. “Grrrrr!!!!”
I picked up the ball and threw it as hard as I could.
“Uh oh,” I said as it hit the referee unconscious. Everyone looked at me.
“I didn’t do it,” I said.
I couldn’t lie very well. So the police found out and I got arrested.

by Keren

Week 11 Challenge

"....when the connection broke...."

The Tree of Desire

Welcome to my home town: Treehaven. It is usually at peace. But recently, the Storm Witch planted the Tree of Desire in our town square and now all the people are acting very selfishly.
It was up to me to save Treehaven. I wasn’t affected because I was born with a tree tattoo on my shoulder, which makes me immune to these things.

I had to connect a wire into the tree, with the other end attached to my tattoo. It was going to hurt, a lot. I jabbed the wire into the tree. I could feel the pain in my chest but I kept pushing. Then it stopped suddenly. Oh no! I was losing connection to the tree! When the connection broke, it went dark. Was this the end?

by Keren

Week 10 Challenge


The Legend of the Terrible President


Once upon a time, a young man became president. He wasn’t trained at all. He was just chosen because that was his destiny. He was a terrible president.

One day, while the young man was sitting down outside eating a doughnut, two chinese men came over to him.
“You have been a disgrace,” said one of the men.
“As if I care,” argued the president.
They started an argument.

A magician saw the men and how rude they were being. He cast a spell on them that turned them to stone.

Every Chinese New Year they come back to life and keep arguing.

People believe that if you be rude to one another, the magician will turn you to stone.


by Keren

1 comment:

  1. HI Keren! I like the idea of your story 'Prison Escape'. I think you used the words really well!
    From Grace M

    ReplyDelete